Sunday 23 February 2014

Heading into Week 5

It is a nice feeling being busy and active.  When I got to the end of last week I thought, 'wow, the weeks feel like they are flying by!"  I guess that's because we are doing so much, having fun along the way and the beautiful weather keeps everyone cheery.

Our swimming carnival last Thursday was a great success.  Year 3 were very keen for their novelty events and learned a lesson in patience as they were the last group to have a turn!  The weather was outstanding (we were a bit worried after Wednesday's rain!) and a great day was had by all.  I am hoping a lot of Year 3, and possibly Year 4 students, will sign up for swim school at the end of the year and we can get even more students involved in this really important skill.

There was a good response from Week 4's homework with about half the students managing to get some things done.  There didn't seem to be anyone too stressed by what they had to do and most students who completed the tasks found them enjoyable.  Here is week 5 homework.  I always read through the tasks with students on Monday and check if there are any questions.  If there are any problems during the week I hope parents will email me.


For students who want a challenge and who have internet access, I like the www.jigsawdoku.com site.  It is a free sudoku game site where students can change the levels to suit their abilities.  Sudoku is a fantastic logic game that improves maths skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment