Friday 7 February 2014

Paint and glitter in first week

Well this is definitely a first for me!  I am no artist and find setting up for paint lessons rather messy and time consuming!  But I was inspired by the upcoming Winter Olympics to do something different, so I thought I'd get us as close to the snow and ice as I could.

I got some great outlines from activity village website and blew them up to A3 and then got the kids to use watercolours to paint them.  We discussed how bright and colourful most Winter Olympic uniforms were so they could stand out against the white.  Then we set them out in the various disciplines like on the slopes, in the rink and down the luge!

Then came the snowflakes!  I used a Youtube video that showed how quick and easy it was to do a 6 pointed snowflake (apparently that's how they are in nature!).  The students picked it up really quickly and made about 3 or 4 snowflakes each. They look fabulous….as you can see



Some kids did the free drawing of the mascots.  They turned out so well. They have real character.

1 comment:

  1. The classroom looks great!
    I like the snowflakes and the mascots
    From Amy

    ReplyDelete